Use this lively sauce to garnish fish or chicken. Makes about ½ cup.
- 2 – 3 organic Valencia oranges
- 1 medium organic shallot
- 1 – 2 sprigs fresh organic rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Straus Family Creamery unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon La Vecchia Dispensa balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Juice the oranges, straining the pits and pith, to create about 1 cup of fresh juice.
Finely chop the shallot and rosemary.
Combine the orange juice, chopped shallot and rosemary in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered until reduced by half, about 8 – 10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and butter to melt, plus salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.