Enjoy this dip with Falafel Chips or fresh vegetables, or use to garnish soup. Makes about 2 cups.
- 3 organic red onions
- 1 bunch organic fresh chives
- Few sprigs fresh organic thyme
- 5 oz. Bellwether Farms Crème Fraîche
- 5 oz. Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc
- ¼ cup LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Tiburtini white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Dice the onions.
Finely chop the chives and thyme.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the oil, then the diced onion. Sauté until soft, deep golden brown and caramelized, about 30 – 45 minute, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up any browned bits. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
Combine the Crème Fraîche, Fromage Blanc, chives, thyme, and vinegar. Mix in the caramelized onions, plus salt and pepper to taste. Hold in the fridge for a few hours or up to one day before serving.