The assertive flavor of the lettuce is matched by the powerful anchovy and Parmigiano in the dressing. Serves 3 – 4 as a side salad.
- 2 heads organic Radicchio Castelfranco
- 4 Scalia anchovy fillets
- 2- 3 oz. Cravero Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ organic lemon
- 1 – 2 organic garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Refosco red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons LHF California extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Tear the lettuce into larger than bite sized pieces.
Drain the oil from the anchovies.
Shave thin slices or grate the cheese.
Juice the lemon, removing the pits and pith.
Finely chop the garlic cloves.
Mash the garlic cloves and anchovy filets to form a thick, smooth paste. (A mortar and pestle works best if you have one.)
Transfer to a small bowl; pouring in a thin stream, briskly whisk in the olive oil, fresh lemon juice and red wine vinegar until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the radicchio with the dressing and top with the shaved cheese.