A delicious take on the classic “BLT” sandwich. The combination of the meaty bacon, smoky sweet tomatoes and the spicy arugula creates a very satisfying meal. Choose hearty whole wheat or crusty bread. Serve with a small green salad or pickles. Makes 2 sandwiches.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon such as La Quercia bacon or Christiansen Family Farm's Berkshire house-cured smoked belly bacon
- 1 container Sevillo roasted & marinated tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- 4 slices of hearty, crusty bread
- Mayonnaise, mustard, butter, etc. (optional) for the bread.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the bacon strips until lightly browned and crispy, turning once during cooking. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Pour out most of the rendered bacon fat out of the pan and return the pan to the heat.
Add in the arugula and gently toss so that the green is coated with the remaining bacon fat. Sauté the arugula for about 1-3 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from the heat.
Toast the bread slices. Spread with mayonnaise, mustard, or butter if desired. Layer the bread with bacon, roasted tomatoes, and lightly wilted arugula. Eat right away.