Frittatas are delicious for brunch, lunch or dinner. Please add whatever vegetables sound good to you today! Serve with home fries, fresh fruit or a crisp green salad. Serves 4 as an entrée.
- 8 large locally raised Clifford Family Farms eggs
- 1 certified organically grown leek
- 1 large handful shitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch certified organically grown asparagus
- 3 tablespoons certified organic and GMO free Strauss Creamery unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano – Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Chop the white and pale green parts of the leek.
Trim any hard ends from the asparagus. Slice on the bias into bite sized pieces.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Slice into bite sized pieces.
Preheat oven to 500 F.
Heat a large oven proof 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter, then sauté the leeks for 3 – 5 minutes, until beginning to soften.
Mix in the mushrooms and asparagus. Sauté for 5 – 7 minutes, or until tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and half of the Fontina.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and gently stir to combine. Cook until beginning to or almost set, depending on your preference for eggs. Stir only occasionally.
Top with remaining Fontina and the Parmigiano cheese. Cook in the hot oven until cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 3 – 6 minutes. Remove from oven, slice and serve.