Baby leeks resemble scallions or spring onions. Especially delicious with fish, this vegan side dish also complements grilled meats or chicken. Serve about 5 baby leeks per person.
- 1 - 2 bunches organically grown baby leeks (about 5 baby leeks per person)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Refosco Red Wine Vinegar from Slovenia
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Trim the roots and tough outer greens from the baby leeks.
Thinly slice the garlic cloves.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Boil the leeks for 2 minutes, remove from the water, and rinse under cool running water. Drain well and dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
In a baking pan, mix the olive oil mixture with the baby leeks and toss to coat well. Spread the baby leeks into a single layer.
Roast for 8 – 12 minutes, or until soft and golden in color. Serve immediately.