The warm bacon dressing gently wilts the greens for a satisfying side to lamb or steaks. Serves 4 - 6.
- 1 lb. organically grown dandelion greens
- 4 slices Black Pig bacon from Sonoma.
- 1 organically grown shallot
- 1 tablespoon K.L. Keller Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Cardinal Mendoza (Jerez de La Frontera, Spain) sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon India Tree Demerara sugar, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Wash and spin dry the greens. Trim off any thick stems or ribs.
Finely chop the shallot.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add in the bacon and cook until crispy. Drain the bacon on a towel. When cool enough to touch, break into bite-sized pieces.
While the bacon is crisping, whisk the mustard, shallots, sherry vinegar and sugar to taste in a medium serving bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the hot bacon grease from the pan into the dressing and briskly whisk. Top with the dandelion greens and crumbled bacon and toss to coat. Serve right away.