Easy, healthy and unusual, try this salad for a wonderful lunch or summery dinner salad. Makes 4 – 6 as a starter salad.
- 6 oz. organically grown lettuce
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups organically grown strawberries
- 1 organically grown shallot
- 1 tablespoon K.L. Keller Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Clifford Family Farms local wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons Banyuls rose wine vinegar
- ½ cup LHF California extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Chop the almonds.
Remove the green strawberry stems. Slice or quarter, depending on the size of the berry.
Finely chop the shallot.
Preheat oven to 350F. Once warm, arrange the chopped almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted and fragrant, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Mix together the shallot, mustard, honey and vinegar. Briskly whisk in the olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
Gently toss the dressing with the lettuces, strawberries, and toasted almonds. Crumble the goat cheese over the top. Serve right away.