This light salad is delicious with grilled chicken or seafood for an ideal lunch or side salad. Serves 4 - 6 as a side salad.
- 1 - 2 heads organic red leaf lettuce
- 1 organic Meyer Lemon
- 3 organic spring garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon K.L. Keller Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Unio Riesling Wine Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Clifford Family Farm local wildflower honey, or to taste
- Diamond Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash and spin dry the red lettuce leaves. Tear into bite sized pieces.
Zest the Meyer lemon. Juice the lemon and remove any seeds.
Trim the roots from the spring garlic. Finely chop the white bulbs only, discard the stalks.
Briskly whisk the olive oil, Riesling wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey to taste in a small bowl. Stir in the chopped spring garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium serving bowl, toss the dressing with the red leaf lettuce, and serve right away.