The luscious sweetness of the grilled peaches contrasts nicely with the sharp radicchio. Serve with grilled skirt steak or chops. Serves 4 as a side salad.
- 2 organic radicchio heads
- 2 ripe yet firm organic peaches
- 3 oz. Pasamontes Manchego cheese (incomparable 12- 18 months aged sheep's milk cheese from Spain)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons LHF California extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon K.L. Keller Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Clifford Family Farm local wildflower and alfalfa honey
- 2 tablespoon Cardinal Mendoza sherry vinegar from Jerez de La Frontera, Spain
- Diamond Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the radicchio heads into quarters and remove stems.
Cut the peaches in half to remove the pit. Slice into thick wedges.
Thinly shave the Manchego cheese.
In a small bowl, briskly whisk the ¼ cup olive oil, Dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, local honey with salt and pepper. Set the dressing aside.
Heat the grill to medium-high.
Brush the cut sides and outside of the radicchio and all parts of the sliced peaches with olive oil.
Once the gill is hot, arrange the radicchio and peaches on the grill, allowing enough space to not crowd them. Grill the radicchio heads until they start to wild and brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Grill the peaches to slightly soften and they have attractive grill marks, about 1-2 minutes total.
Transfer the radicchio to a serving platter, and top with the peaches. Drizzle liberally with the dressing, dust with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with shaved Manchego. Serve right away.