Baked zucchini fries are a tasty and crispy snack or perfect to accompany a sandwich for lunch. Once you have tried this recipe for Ranch Dressing, you will never go back to the bottled brand. Serves 4 as a side.
- 3 organic zucchini
- ½ cup Ian's Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup dried herbs – your choice, any combo of oregano, thyme, basil, etc.
- 2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Clifford Family Farms local eggs
- ¼ cup Rosehill whole milk
- Diamond Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Trim the ends and cut the zucchini in half. Cut into long thin strips. (Do not peel.)
Finely grate the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, dried herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a shallow bowl or plate.
In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk.
Dip the zucchini sticks first in the egg mixture, then dredge in the breadcrumb mix for an even coating.
Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy, turning once. Serve right away.