A salad with attitude! The bright crisp escarole contrasts perfectly with ripe juicy peaches. Serves 4 as a side or lunch salad.
- 2 - 3 heads organic escarole
- 1 - 2 ripe organic peaches
- 4 oz.+ Drake Family Farms goat cheese
- 1 cup organic Chandler walnuts (not a trace of bitterness and packed with super healthy omega-3's)
- 2 tablespoons Cardinal Mendoza sherry vinegar from Jerez de La Frontera, Spain
- 1 tablespoon Katz apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- Diamond Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Wash and dry the escarole. Tear into bite sized pieces.
Slice the peaches.
Chop the walnuts.
Crumble or break up the goat cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Arrange the chopped nuts on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until warm and fragrant, about 4 – 7 minutes.
Briskly whisk the vinegars and olive oil with salt and pepper.
Toss the escarole with the vinaigrette and toasted nuts. Top with the sliced peaches and crumbled goat cheese and serve right away.