Sweet baby turnips pair nicely with pork chops or duck. Serves 4 as a side dish.
- 2 bunches organic baby turnips
- Small bunch fresh organic parsley for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Straus Creamery unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon La Vecchia Dispensa balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon or more to taste India Tree Demerara sugar
- Diamond kosher salt and Pohnpei Pepper Co. pepper
Remove the turnip greens (leave about a ½ inch stem) and reserve the greens for future use.
Mince the fresh parsley
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the oil. Stir in the baby turnips, and mix until evenly coated, about 1 - 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the balsamic vinegar, white wine, and sugar, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until the turnips are beginning to soften, about 4 – 6 minutes.
Remove the lid and increase the heat to back to medium-high. Stir until the baby turnips are glazed with a thick braising liquid, about 2 – 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with the chopped parsley, and serve right away.