This vibrantly colored vegan soup also packs a solid punch of iron and protein. Makes 4 – 6 bowls.
- 2 cups cooked Zürsun Idaho Heirloom Beans such as Navy, Great Northern or Cannellini beans.
- 4 – 6 organic zucchini
- 2 - 3 large handfuls organic spinach
- 1 organic Eureka lemon
- 4 organic garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh organic dill
- 2 tablespoons LHF California extra virgin olive oil + extra for garnish
- 2 cups More than Gourmet vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon India Tree Demerara sugar
- Diamond kosher salt and Pohnpei Pepper Co. pepper
Trim the ends from the zucchini and cut into cubes
Wash the spinach and trim any course ends.
Zest and juice the lemon.
Slice the garlic.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the oil, then sauté the garlic and zucchini until the zucchini is browned and softened, about 4 – 6 minutes.
Toss in the spinach, and sauté until just wilted, about 1 - 2 minutes.
Puree the zucchini-spinach mixture with the beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable broth, sugar and half of the fresh dill until a creamy texture is achieved. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Strain the soup through a coarse strainer to remove any large remaining pieces. Re-heat in soup pot to desired temperature. Serve garnished with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil and the remaining fresh dill.