This vibrant flavors and pretty colors of this savory tomato tart make it suitable for entertaining appetizers or a weekend dinner side dish. Serves 6 as a side dish.
- 1 pint red or mixed organic cherry tomatoes.
- 1 small handful fresh organic basil
- 8 - 12 sheets Filo Factory phyllo dough
- 2 oz. Belfiore mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. Gruyere cheese
- 2 oz. Cravero Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon K.L. Keller Dijon mustard
- LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- Diamond kosher salt and Pohnpei Pepper Co. pepper
- King Arthur all-purpose flour
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and remove any stem.
Chop the basil leaves.
Shred all of the cheeses.
Thaw the phyllo dough still in its package in the fridge overnight or by leaving it out for 30+minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325F.
In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper, and fresh basil.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly brush with olive oil.
Lay out each phyllo dough sheet on the parchement paper lined pan. Very lightly brush with olive oil. Repeat the process until all of the sheets are used. (Using more sheets will create a more stable, thicker crust tart.)
Spread the mustard onto the dough, then sprinkle with the cheeses. Leave about a 1 inch border around the edge of the tart. Top with the tomatoes (as much as possible, arrange tomatoes cut side up.)
Lightly brush the edges of the tart with olive oil and gently fold over to create a crust. Brush again with oil.
Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the tart is a golden brown and the cheese has melted. Cut into triangles and serve as appetizers or large pieces for side dishes.