Zucchini bread works wonderfully as a breakfast bread, an afternoon snack with coffee, or as a tasty dessert. These also make attractive holiday or house warming gifts. Makes 2 loaves.
- 3 Clifford Family Farm fresh eggs
- 2 cups freshly grated organic zucchini
- 1 cup Chandler chopped organic walnuts
- 2 ½ cups India Tree sugar
- 3 1/3 cups King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Red Ape cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup LHF California extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Singing Dog vanilla extract
- Butter to grease the loaf pans
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, olive oil, grated zucchini and vanilla.
In a different bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
Quickly fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix until just combined.
Mix in the chopped walnuts.
Divide the batter evenly between the two pans. Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool slightly before slicing.