A delicious and creamy soup perfect for a cold afternoon. Makes 6 – 8 bowls.
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. organic rutabaga
- 1 medium organic yellow onion
- 2 organic celery stalks
- 4 cups More than Gourmet vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Straus Family Creamery unsalted butter
- 2 cups Rosehill whole milk
- ¼ cup Rosehill cream
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- Diamond kosher salt and Pohnpei Pepper Co fresh pepper
Peel and coarsely chop the rutabaga.
Chop the onion and celery.
In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and celery, and cook until softened, about 5 – 7 minutes. Add in the chopped rutabaga and the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered until the vegetables are quite soft, about 30 minutes. Add in the milk, cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Working in batches, blend until smooth (remember to hold the blender lid securely when blending hot liquids.)
Transfer to warm bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.