Perfect for a blustery night. Makes about 8 nicely sized mugs.
- 8 cups fresh apple cider
- 4 whole India Tree cinnamon sticks
- ¼ cup – ½ cup India Tree brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic cloves
- Peel from 1 organic lemon
- 1 ½ cups light or dark rum
- ½ stick Straus Family Creamery unsalted butter
Remove the lemon peel from the lemon and cut into thin strips.
In a medium saucepan, combine the cider, cinnamon sticks, sugar, lemon peel and cloves. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add in the rum. Pour through a strainer, then ladle into warmed mugs. Top each mug with a pat of butter.